Monday 25 August 2014

Prepared vegetables

Working women who actually cook at home both dinner and lunch boxes cannot live without a proper prepared vegetables. Some might argue that prepared vegetables lack vitamins because they have already been chopped but I say: "have you tried to prepare a dinner and a lunch for the next day after a proper commute and 8 to 6 in the office plus business drink?". If you have not please rest assured - prepared vegetables is a life saver for a busy woman who wants to eat more or less healthy fresh food.
Here is my favourite prepared vegetables that I buy on a weekly basis:
1) sliced mushrooms - we love mushrooms but it takes a little while to wash them properly and then chop hence for a quick mid-week meal I buy this cheap packs. The value is almost the same as the "un-chopped" ones but time is more precious. For the weekend I buy variety of exotic mushrooms which I mix together because there is enough time to prepare food.
2) chopped garlic - outstanding quality and I do not know why on earth I wasted time previously on chopping garlic mid-week. I put garlic in almost every main course I cook so this little pack is a time saver.
3) stir fry vegetables - some packs are high end some are lower end but still descent quality, super-fast, healthy and good value.
4) vegetable mix - just put them in the steamer after you come back home along with some chicken and new potatoes and leave it for a while to prepare a healthy delicious meal without much effort from you.
5) soup packs like the butternut squash for example. Soup is a quick and healthy mid-week meal or starter but we all know how difficult it is to cut the butternut squash or sweet potato! Ready-pack is fantastic value and quality!  

No comments:

Post a Comment